Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Crazy Weather


Seed pod for fern plant
 
                    We have had the crazy weather,  Cold,  very cold, warm, rainy,  overcast and cool.  I don't think that mother nature know what she is doing.  I think that most of the vegetable in the garden did not make it,  but I am giving them some time to decide, before I go pull them up.    This next month, the plots that did not get planted for winter will have cow manure added and black plastic dropped on top to help with weed control.   I did save a lot of seeds from last year.  and will start growing the tomatoes and other transplants about half way thru Feb to put out as soon as we can.

                    I have been working on the Valentines quilt from the Swap here at Mary Jane's Farm.   I really love all the cute fabrics that have come in and I have put the basics of the top together.  I am waiting on just a few more squares. and then it will be finished.


                I have also finished one of the lap quilts but since the quilting machine is still in the shop,  I can not go any further.   But I really thought that this was so cute.  Guess I am going to get a lot of tops done before I get any quilting done.


  Next week I am meeting with the division of Forestry to work on the 5 year plan for the farm.  We are also applying for stewardship of the land.  so I hope that I have everything ready.

                               Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                               See you next week. down on the farm.

 

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Rebecca~ We have indeed had a month of roller coaster weather here in North Florida! Next week they say we will see 80 degrees for a day or two before more rain and 50s again. Crazy for our local azaleas and camellias too. My little Red Southern Maple is just now starting to turn fall colors. Here in town, that warm December had it all mixed up! Good luck with the Forestry meeting. A five year plan sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete