Friday, January 15, 2016

Cold Weather





                                                           Azaleas in bloom

                   The weather this week has been very cold and not very condusive to working on the farm.   I really don't like it when it is down in the high 30's.  That is really cold for Fa.   But we have gotten the second culvert in and have started working on the west side of the property cleaning it.

                    I have also been in the shop working on some really cute quilted wall hangings and lap quilts.  Material has been on sale and I got material for a beautiful queen size quilt and for the Valentines quilt Swap here at Mary Jane's Farm.  I can not wait to get it started .  I have also pulled out a very old quilt that I started about 20 years ago and it is my intention to get that quilt done this year. 


                                         one of the quilted wall hanging that I am working on.

                        I have been walking around the farm taking photos of what needs to be done and trying to set up a schedule so that the work gets completed.   It sometimes seems to be never ending,  but that is the way life is.   I have a few projects to get done also in the shop and I am always overjoyed when I get to mark one of those off the list.

                                                     Pretty view of the farm

       Even though it was cold out I did get several good photos of the farm.  I will be posting them over the next few weeks.
 
                                Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                               See you next week. down on the farm.

2 comments:

  1. HI Rebecca! Yes, indeed we are having some true Florida Winter at last. Perhaps we are even killing off some of the mosquitoes and fleas that almost overtook us last Fall!! Your photo of the new bee themed wall quilt is darling. I love the pattern and colors. Perfect for Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about killing the mosquitoes, I killed two today that were trying to make me lunch.

    ReplyDelete