Friday, January 22, 2016

More Cold weather in Fla.



                                                        Two huge pines in the pasture

            It has been quite cold here in the Sunshine state.  Down in the low 30's,  below freezing.  But we have been working on cleaning the west side of the planted pines and the area is beginning to really take shape.  Still tons more to clean,  but I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

          I have had to take my long arm quilting machine in to be worked on,  you know you are having a bad day quilting, when the thread breaks every two inches, and you are not getting anywhere fast.  Can not wait untill it is back because I have several quilt tops to do.

        With the weather this cold, I have been covering the crops left in the garden and hoping for the best.  the Citrus trees and the fig trees have not been covered and I am very worried about them.  




      Wanting something fun to do one day,  I stopped by the church and took some photos of the outside and the inside.  The church is not very big and we have a very small congregation,  but I think it is very pretty.

                        
                                Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                               See you next week. down on the farm.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, it is 35 degrees at my house this morning! Yesterday I spent the day reading and knitting by the fire because it was just so cold and blustery. I hope your quilting machine is fixed soon so you can get back to your projects. That is totally frustrating when you have so much you wish to finish!

    ReplyDelete