Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Working Hard

                                             Cleared area in the west side of the farm.

          We have started clearing the west side of the farm up from the last tree harvest two years ago.  There is lots of debris left by the logging company and now that is is well rotten,  we can bring it to the burn pile and dispose of it.   Of course we have managed to mangle the big tractor a bit and are now waiting on parts.  Life on the farm.

        I got my quilting machine back today, and sat down and quilted for about three hours  got about half way through the project that I am working on.   I have also been working on another quilt, and I am slowly getting it done.

      I was working out in the citrus trees and found a new friend,  not too sure what he is,  but think that he is either a type of garter snake or a corn snake.  In any case he is one of the friendly guys so I got a few photos and left him be.


       We have definitely got the wood pile stacked up for the next year.  I am looking forward to having a good fire in the fire place  once the wood dries out a bit more.

  
  Met with the Division of Forestry today,  We walked the property and got the Five year plan sorted out.   We will have two prescribed burns in the trees during that time. and will also have another big harvest in 4-5 years.    I am happy that we are getting on board with everything that should be done to take care of the property.
 
                              Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                               See you next week. down on the farm.


  

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how I missed this post! That is one awesome woodpile! No matter if your new friend is a garter snake or a corn snake, I would be running! :)

    ReplyDelete