Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Mad as a Wet Hen



                                                              OH  OOPS
           Well,  I did have this really cute little  1/4 scale lighthouse (Dollhouse) that I had made several years ago.   Seems like the people who helped my ex move did not care about the value of such things.  so they smashed it.    I don't think that I have all the pieces,  but I do have most.

          So  along with trying to get my quilt done this week,  (thanks to the December quilt swap group for all the lovely fabrics)  I am trying to rebuild the doll house.  I have to go back and check the electrical connections,  since  each room has light in it.
             As you can see,  it was pretty well banged up and there is a lot of work to do to get it back to where it belongs.  But the first floor has been sorted out somewhat and is getting re-glued back into place.
            Hopefully I will get in done in the next week or so.   I have to order parts too because some are missing or broken beyond repair.  I do remember that the class I took cost over 200 dollars at the time.  and I had added furniture to it as well. (which is mostly missing.)  so probably worth close to 500 dollars after I finished.
          It is raining again and is supposed to rain all week, which is good. I need to harvest some leeks and some lettuce tomorrow,  and  I am going to try to make some potato leek soup from scratch.

                              Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                              See you next week. down on the farm.

1 comment:

  1. What a shame to have your dollhouse project ruined! That is really irritating to have spent so much only to have it trashed. Hopefully, it can be repaired and enjoyed once again.

    Yep, it has been an odd week of rain and humid 80 degree temps again. I hope Santa keeps a tee shirt and flip flops for the Florida route 'cause he is gonna need them!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete