Thursday, December 10, 2015

Getting ready for Christmas


New Wall hanging
 
          Well as you can see,  I have been busy in the barn working on lots of quilting,  I have managed to get two things done so far, and I am working on the next two which I hope to have done, by Saturday.  Then I have a  full size quilt to do, and hopefully that will get done next week.  But of course,  for all the time I spend out on the farm in the barn I have no decorations up here at the house.  So  In the next few days , I hope to get that done as well.

          I have also started working on the farm plans for the next 5 and 10 years.   Mother did write them but they are way out of date and I need to update and get everything rolling again.  This will take some time, but will be well worth it.   On top of that trying to get the rezoning done, for the house and we have the plans being drawn for the house now.  I think I have a plate full for the farm.

         The chickens have been molting,  and it looks like someone destroyed a feather pillow outside the coop.  I hope they finish soon so that I can start getting some eggs again.  I really don't want to have to buy eggs for cooking.  but I have been collecting feathers for art projects. ( Hum)

 
 The second of the finished wall hangings.  They are three dimensional and I had a lot of fun doing them.  the other two are small quilts more like wall hangings  which I want to put together.  I have one ready to be quilted and hope to get the other ready today.  They are both applique. and are lots of fun.
  I still have to figure out how to hook them together,  but there is the top of the one.


                                        Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                                        Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                                         See you next week. down on the farm.

1 comment:

  1. Your quilts are turning out so festive and pretty! My daughter would go nuts over the horse quilt! She still has her Arabian boy who is now in his early 30s. He is such a sweetie pie and still doing pretty good despite some arthritis in his knees and some mild cataracts. Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete