Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Garden goodness

3 of the 5 tangerines this year.
                 I hope that all my farm girl sisters had a wonderful Christmas  and here is to a Happy New Year. We are calling this Christmas Christmas in July because it is so warm here.  IN the 80's for the past week.   It is supposed to get cold this weekend   like in the 40's,  but for some reason I don't think it will.
                 I have been getting eggs ready for this years show. and have been busy cutting and cleaning them.   I have two major one to do and hope to get them done on this week yet.  I also have a few that I need to finish.  hopefully this afternoon.
               I made leek, sweet potato soup with white sweet potatoes.  It is sooo tasty.  really love the flavor that it has.  I made the stock from the duck remains from Christmas dinner.
                                            Skinned Luffa sponges from the garden
               I still have about 6 left on the vine and hope that they finish growing before it gets too cold.  I also got lots of seeds for next year.  I also want to grow some bird house gourds next year and use them for decorations.
             Well,  Christmas day we got a surprise.   not something we were expecting at all.  My dh  took the dogs for a walk and this tiny 6 week old kitten came running across the street and barreled over my dogs  and climbed up the DH 's leg.   So we are now the proud parents of a 7 week old orange tabby male by the name of Christmas Miracle Tiger.  Tig for short.  The other two cats are about to kills us but they will get over it.
         
  Even I have to admit that he is cute.  but oh does he have energy.


                             Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                             See you next week. down on the farm.







No comments:

Post a Comment