Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Rain , rain and more rain

                          A critter from the garden.

            I have been busy putting up peppers and making more tomatillo sauce.  Want to do some chicken enchiladas  this weekend and plan on using some of the sauce.   The tomatoes are not being very cooperative, and I am not quite sure why.   I planted a few more that are supposed to do well in the heat,  but they don't look too good.

          I worked on a quilt this week and got it done.  I think that some people would get a great kick out  of it.  I know that I do .
It is a bit hard to see but they are all old fashioned camping trailers.   It was certainly lots of fun to put together.  I have not done a lot of applique and this was all applique.  I figured that I now know how to do that.  I have a few other quilts that I need to do with applique,  one that I have been holding on to for many years.  Guess I have no excuse not to get it done.

         My Easter lilies are blooming now.  I think that they are a bit confused.  but it is quite a sight to be walking back in the woods and all of a sudden you see thousands of Easter lilies.   Mom had some in a garden many years ago, and these are all the offspring so to speak,  because  she forgot to gather the seeds.  So they blew every where and now just come up where ever they want.


                               Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                              See you next week. down on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment