Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Having been away

  
      at the egg show and then having to go to Indiana to get the house up there in order,  which is really a laugh  I am back and working on getting things caught up at the farm.  I have spent three days just getting the weeding done in the garden,  but on a bright note for that ,  there were enough tomatoes for me to can three quarts of Tomato Sauce and three pints of tomatillos  for Salsa verde. The Padron peppers are growing like crazy and so are the others,  but for the life of me I can not recall their name.  But they are spicy. 

   The reason that I find the house in Indiana to be funny,  is that I walked in on new residents . Raccoons.  They had taken over as evident in the above photo of the basement.  They had totally trashed the house ( basement and first floor) and I was not amused.  I am still trying to get the house back in order and get the rest of the stuff home.  so probably going back next month to move the second floor home.  Hopefully by then the new house out at the farm will be started and I finally can get my life in order.
     Beautiful blooming lily outside the studio door.  Saw a 6 foot corn snake yesterday right outside the door,  I said Hello  and just closed the door again.   Trying to work on some quilts, but my sewing machine has taken leave of its senses and I have sent it to the shop.  I will still get some work done.  Too many beautiful pieces of fabric have come my way.   


                               Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                              See you next week. down on the farm.



No comments:

Post a Comment