Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Turkeys

                                                               Two tom turkeys 

                           Well another week on the farm.  The turkeys have been coming out during the day and eating all the new spring grass and bugs.   I have seen several different groups of turkeys, and each group has its own set of Toms, usually two,  one older and one younger.   These two did not like the fact that I was working on the garden that morning and decided to give me some attitude and talk back.  They were so funny.

                       

  I finally got another quilt done and now I am working on getting the big queen size quilt done.   I hope to have it done by next week.  but we shall see.   I really love getting all the fabric in the quilt swaps and making a quilt.  I never get the same fabric twice and all the fabric is so neat.

                                                     Valentines Day quilt swap quilt

                        The garden is planted and the sprouts are starting to come up.  the tomato seedlings are up and so are the tomatillos.  I am just waiting for the fennel to come up now.  I have transplanted several plants too and gotten them cleaned up and looking good .  They are sitting by the door to the shop.

                       I took some really neat photos of the Japanese Tulips the other day.  I really enjoyed being out and taking the photos.



                               Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                               See you next week. down on the farm.

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca, I love your Valentine's Day quilt! It is so pretty. How cool that you have such beautiful turkeys on the farm too. I love to see them fan out their gorgeous feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those male really love to strut around and gobble at me when I am there. I love seeing all those feathers too.

    ReplyDelete