Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Easter Week

                                                      Dogwoods in Bloom      

                     It is the week of Easter, and the dogwood trees have burst forth this week with all of their beautiful flowers.    I managed to get some great photos of the ones in the neighbors yard.    Complete with a few bees.   The honey bees have been very busy as well, because the  citrus trees are also in bloom and all I can think of is orange blossom honey .  I have tons of blooms on the Meyers lemon tree and the orange tree right outside the studio barn.

                 I have been busy re potting some plants,  mainly a rather overgrown Sheffellera   which I spent several hour on trying to separate the roots enough to make it into two plants .   I now have tow overgrown plants in huge pots.  But now hopefully they will continue living, since the roots were bound up so bad.  Most of the seedlings are up and I am now waiting for the second set of leaves to appear so that I can get them planted in the garden.

                
                        I managed to take this wonderful close up of the inside of a Japanese Magnolia flower this week as well.   I think that they are so pretty with their delicate pink/purple flowers .   They are a sign of spring for me.

                                                  Spider Lily blooming this week                               
                              

                              Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                               See you next week. down on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment