Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Rainy week

                                             Myers Lemon tree in bloom

                      All the citrus trees are blooming and the farm down the road a piece keeps bee hives,  so I have seen lots of bees in the trees.   I love the smell of the trees blooming,  but sometimes it came be a bit overpowering  :)     I have gotten everything in the garden planted and have also planted some nice humming bird vines, and clematis on the old  hay rake in the front yard.  I also put in two gooseberry plants and hope to have gooseberries in a few years.

                    Yesterday I saw a great horned owl sitting in the woods.  and of course that was the one day that I did not have the big camera with me,  so no photos   Arrgh.    He was so majestic flying thru the pines .   I am so glad that I got to see him.


                    The azaleas are still blooming.  and the plant that is usually pink had this group of white flowers right in the middle of the plant.   Very strange.

                    I am working on getting another quilt made and also doing some competition art as well.   That is keeping me super busy.  but I would not have it any other way.


                     Found this cute little lizard out side the barn today.   The lizards have been quite busy  eating up the bugs so I don't really complain when I find one or three in the barn working                  

                               Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                               See you next week. down on the farm.






2 comments:

  1. The orange tree blossoms in my yard is just about ready to open up. We have been enjoying all the bumblebees that seem to enjoy our azaleas lately. There are still blooms here and there on the bushes so I am glad the orange blooms will be providing another source soon to keep everyone happy. Here at my city place, we have been inundated with the annual leaf drop of our Live Oak trees in the back yard and our tall pine trees's pollen. Hopefully the rains this coming weekend will finish it all off and we can be done with it for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that pollen really gets me. everything changes to a funny yellow green color.

    ReplyDelete