Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Finishing up

                                         Ginkgo tree outside my grandparents house.

  I went up to Indiana to finish packing up the house and getting the movers there to bring everything south.  What a chore.  There was one closet that we had not packed and we ended up packing up another 45 boxes just out of that one closet.   I don't think that I have ever seen so much stuff,  and the problem was that it was all antique frames, and button collection and stamp collection and antique Christmas ornaments.  So the fun really is just starting as I now have to sit down and sort thru all of that.
     This is a photo of the old barn that belonged to my great uncle and great-great grandfather Dunnish Buckley.  The farm is now part of the Indiana Park system and they have kept everything well preserved.   I remember visiting Aunt Rose here when I was young and running to the barn and playing in the stalls and up in the hay loft.  It was fun walking around and seeing everything again.
   If you are ever traveling thru Northern Indiana,  take the time to go to Lowell, and visit the homestead.
   The last of the phlox from my uncles garden.   I will miss the house,  but  Memories should be a blessing,  Not a curse.

                                Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                                Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                                See you next week. down on the farm.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Becca, what beautiful photos of your home and family homes in Indiana! As to those 45 boxers of antique this and thats, if you need some help, I volunteer to help you go through them! That would be such fun to see all of those family vintage goodies. I love me a good family box of "stuff" that is jammed packed with memories.

    ReplyDelete