Sunday, September 4, 2016

Hurrican Hermine

                                             Rain water sitting in the swale at the farm

   The hurricane was not too bad to use,  We were without power for 31 hours,  but we have a generator so it really was the neighborhood with out power.   We did lose two trees and had lots of limbs down.  But we also lost a really old oak tree that we will have to have someone cut down for us this next month.  the tree is about 100-140 years old and is rotten on the inside.

    I am doing a mini quilt swap for Ovarian cancer month.  I have pulled the fabrics that I want to ue and now I just have to cut and assemble them
    I think that the person that is getting this will really like it.

     I have been working on other projects trying to get them done, and think that when this month is over I am going to lock myself away for a week and work on some of my more outstanding projects ( by that I mean the ones that have been started and are now hanging around  unfinished.)

    I found this really cool looking mushroom on one of the oak stumps and thought it was really neat





                              Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                                See you next week. down on the farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment