Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Getting ready for the summer

                                                      Amaryllis flower in bloom

                         Well,  this weather has been a bit crazy.  First it is hot,  then cold,  then hot again.  It is wonder that no one has really gotten sick from it.   But I am tired of not knowing how to dress, and then with the sun beating down on the studio,  I already have the air conditioner on and the fan  trying to stay cool in the afternoon.
                        I know that I can take clothes off when it gets hot,  but it is really better to keep the long pants on and the big boots for walking around the farm.  You never know when you are going to find a snake or something else lurking in the grass.

                       I finally finished the queen sized patriotic quilt that I have been working on for so long.  The top photo shows the panel in the middle of the quilt and then the bottom photo shows the whole quilt.  I am proud that I got it done.   It definitely took a while and  I really wanted to have it done.
                     I have a few more that I want to get done,  but I need to work on a few other projects for a while.  Then I can get back to quilting.     I have an egg show coming up in another week, so that keeps me busy right now as well.
         More and more flowers are beginning to bloom and I am enjoying taking photos of them.

                               Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                              Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                               See you next week. down on the farm.

2 comments:

  1. We have been on a roller coaster around these parts of North Central Florida lately! The flowers and plants however have been loving the cooler days and are just so beautiful at the moment!!

    Your latest quilt is stunning with those colors and center panel. Will it be on your bed for the Summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it will, and probably for a while until I get the next one done.

    ReplyDelete