Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November Already

                                    Beautiful fall leaves in Blue Ridge, Ga.

                       Well, November is upon us.  and the weather has cooled down some,  but we still get some pretty warm days.  I do wish that the weather would get just a bit cooler,  as I reall like the temps in the low 80's.
                     I have been busy cleaning up the studio and getting ready for some new projects.  These are things that I just want to try my had at once and then move on to something else.  but of course, my quilting and everything else are being put on hold while I try to get these done.   I am hoping to get back to quilting this week and get started on my material swap quilt that I got from Mary Jane's Swap group.  I really want to get it done before Thanksgiving  so that I have it to display in the house after that.  I also have some wall hanging and some small quilt blocks that I would like to get done.
And this does not include getting all the other quilts that I have done.  I will be busy for a while.

                 I have been working with my friend to get ready for the shows that we are planning to attend this next year.  We hope to have all the classes boxed and ready by the end of Feb,  beginning of March so that we know what we have and how much of each so that we are not scrambling at the last few weeks trying to get merchandise in to use. I also have been busy teaching  classes in my egg art and have been quite busy with all of that.  All I can say,  it keeps me out of trouble  :)

                 What I have been working on,  the top is a mosaic cross,  made from some old dishes that my mother had, and the bottom is a copy of a Faberge egg  made with a real egg and deco clay  and the top opens just like the real one done by Carl Faberge.

             Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                 Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                 See you next week. down on the farm.

 

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had weather like Blue Ridge, Georgia too! That place is one of my favorite places to visit. Sometimes when I visit a friend of mine in Georgia, we head up to Blue Ridge for the day and browse the shops and then head over there Mercier Apple Farm for great apples and a fried apple pie.

    Looking forward to seeing your quilt and egg projects soon!

    ReplyDelete