Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Fellow Sister visits

                                                     Butterflies in the garden

               Yesterday was a very fun day for me.  One of the farm girls, Red Tractor Lady, ( Winnie)  came out to the farm.  and we had the best time walking around and looking at everything that  I have done out there.  Yes we certainly gabbed a lot, but ... well,  what did you expect from Farm Girls.

     I am wanting to build my house out there,  and I am having to deal with the people at zoning,  who are really getting me mad.  but better then that is the group  Alachua County Forever.  which is who runs the conservation on the farm, screwed up the zoning to start with.   So,  now I don't know if I get to build my house or not.   I AM NOT AMUSED.

  I am going to Texas tomorrow to visit with family and friends.  and hopefully I will have a great time.  and be able to calm down somewhat.  but of course, before I go I have tons of stuff to get done.  Especially at the farm.  So  I need to do that so that I can feel  some sense of accomplishment.   I also need to get my Class schedules in the mail so that I can teach at the shows.  And that needs to get done. sooner rather then later.

    Check out the Luffa sponges growing.  this is only three of the 7 that are on the vine.  they are getting pretty big. :)

   This is the clock egg that I will be teaching the day after I get home from Texas.

                 Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                 Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                 See you next week. down on the farm.

1 comment:

  1. It was great to visit with you at your Farm, Rebecca! I enjoyed seeing the darling house your Dad built back in 1957 and your amazing craft shed. The old stove in the house was just plain AWESOME!!

    All of your handcrafted eggs and quilts are inspiring. The new egg clock class you are teaching will be very special. I so wish my Mom was still alive and could see all of your beautiful works!

    Enjoy your trip to Texas. I hope you have fun gathering up some old goodies out of storage to bring back and enjoy. As to the zoning of the land for building, I guess time will tell if there is a viable pathway to build a house on your farm.

    Thank-you for letting me come out and enjoy an afternoon at your farm. I hope we can get together again!

    ReplyDelete