Sunday, July 14, 2013

work in progress


  I picked up a magazine the other week  called Artful Blogging.  If you have not read it,  you might find it very interesting.  I know that I did.  I think that I am going to try a few of the suggestions, such as trying to take a photo a day,and post at least a photo a week  of either something I saw or something I made.  It will certainly keep me busy working on my projects.

I have several new ideas in my head for necklaces so I need to get busy and get them done. Of course there is never enough time in the day to get everything done.  But I push on  thinking that somehow I am going to get an extra 24 hours in a day.  ( fat chance of that)  But there you have it.

 This is a necklace that I just finished.  It is done is St Petersburg stitch using size 15 pearl beads and size 11 purple beads.  The Pendant is  made from an ostrich egg and decorated with pearlisk powders and chain.  The picture does not do it justice. but my photo box is in a different state.

There are so many things that I want to try.  It seems a bit unfair that I don't get to try them all but I  suppose that one must put a limit on what they do.  If you end up with too many fires in the iron, you won't really like the outcome. Either you will not have be done your best job, or you will not be able to express yourself the way you would like.  I think that I am going to have to narrow myself to the things I love the most.  That would be my passion for beading and working with stones, egging, painting, quilting, and photography.  If I want to do a good job at any of the above,  I need to really concentrate on that particular project .  I find that I sometimes  want to hurry thru a project so that I can get to the next, and then it ends up showing in my work.   Concentration seems to be the biggest
part of many of my projects and  I know that I don't want shoddy workmanship to be my defining aspect of my project.

 Well,  there are the thoughts for today.  I am going to work on another necklace,  It is one of my favorite patterns, and I  have the perfect pendent for it.  Then off to finish a bead picture.  I have been working on it far too long,  and really want to get it done.

Happy Creating
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment