Monday, June 28, 2010

A Fun Weekend

Well, what a great weekend. Maggie Meister came and taught classes for the Wild West Bead Society. We had such a great time. Maggie is a really warm funny lady who has a great zest for life.
We learned and worked on three of her peyote sculptural necklaces. The Santa Sophia, the Iside, and the Kilm. All were totally different. and so much fun. We all personalized our designs in our own way.
Maggie and Jill Wiseman had fun fighting over Harley D. Carol's little wawa dog. Poor Carol, she really thought that one of them would dognap him.

I did my Santa Sophia with green beads ( very light green ) and bronze pearls, It is very striking, because I added other crystals to it after I was done. My Iside is also done is light green and has beautiful crystals in a light bronze. I really like how it turned out. The Kilm beads are based on the kilm rugs that are made in Turkey, Afganistan, and other Aribic countries. They are brightly colored as well as muted, They make great beads just as a single object on a necklace. Maggie also taught her Scepter beads. I could not attend that day, but I hope to get the pattern for them so that I can make up several of them.
I am still working on the amulet bag, hoping to have it done by the end of the week. it is the 1776 flag and is very neat. it was designed by Cindy Fleming. I have gotten several of her designs as well as some from Amy Loh-Kosper.

I am hopeing to get a program that will alow me to turn a photo into a peyote design. I think that I have some great photos that would look nice beaded. that is for the future, not that I will ever run out of things to do.

So here is to good friends, and fun beading times.

No comments:

Post a Comment