Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Season

Now that Christmas is almost here with us, I am reflecting back over the last year . I find myself thinking more and more about my Christianity then ever before. What does it mean to be a true christian in this day and time in our world? Do we bend our religious convictions to suit what others think is the correct definition o being a christian Or do we say, others be -----, I am what I am, even though I don't fit the mold that others would love to buttonhole me into.



I like to think that I have stepped out of my comfort zone in my Christianity and talked to others about my beliefs . I find my self wondering and hoping that I was tolerant to others about their beliefs. I also hope that the lessons I learned about others beliefs will be maintained and that I will better understand the differences in other religions compared to mine. I did not judge others for their beliefs, yet wondered many times if I was judging them on what they believed instead of trying to listen to them.



I hope in the new year that I will keep listening to others and rejoicing with them on their journey to self awareness in their religions. I hope that we will have great discussions on beliefs and Christianity, and that we will all walk a little closer to God.



Have a Wonderful Christmas and Merry New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment