Thursday, October 22, 2009

Feelings about Love

While I was at home visiting my Mom, we got to talking about different churches and how they seem to succeed or not. she asked why I had strayed from First P when I got older. I told her it was because that i did not feel that the minister was preaching with love in his heart. I felt somewhat alienated from the church. I told her that many times I did not feel that I could talk to the minister. that I was not important in the grand scheme of things. I did visit other churches and found many were I felt the the minister actually had love in his heart for all of his flock. and that he could preach a sermon that would grab you and compel you to listen to it. That these ministers had some much love for what they were preaching and it spilled over reaching out to everyone that was sitting there. That the love that they had for everyone transcended all worldly problems and that they would pray to God and Jesus with every fiber of their being to help anyone that came to them. That this was lacking at First P. and that the only thing that some of the ministers seemed to been interested only in what you could offer the church, not what the church could offer them. This really bothered me as I felt that I had become some arbitrary number and that only when my number was called, could I approach them and ask for their help.
I think that this is what lead to my comstan searching for the correct church and the minister who would leand a ear to your plight and pray for you right then.
Still searching for that all encompasing love found in Christ Jesus and God. Looking here on earth for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment