Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Crazy farm week.

                                     Figs growing on a fig tree.

                    Well,  it has been a busy few days at the  farm.  We have been replacing the culverts in the driveways into the farm.  Actually we have one just about done.  We still have the cement apron to do and backfill with crushed limestone.    That should happen today.

                   I put up another 7 pints of pickles, but I think we are at the end of that for this year, ass the plants seem to be dying off   My squash is already dead, and so are two tomato plants.  Of course they are the heirloom ones.   I keep hoping that they might come back as the stem is still green.  ( keeping my fingers crossed)   My grape vines have leaves, but don't seem to be getting any taller.  and I fertalized the citrus trees,  5 minutes before it rained.  And my new Peach trees are dead.  I am not having good luck with the weather. Too Hot and too Wet.  Also my Loofha  sponges are blooming like crazy,  but no gourds hanging yet.  And the birdhouse gourds died.    And the broccoli plants grew but never produced.

                  And of course,  we have had lots of butterflies coming through,  and where is my camera.  In my purse.  not in my pocket.  so do I have any photos to help me identify them.  Nooooo.    Arrrggghhh!

                 I had to run to Tractor Supply to get Chicken crumble and treats ( mealworms and harvest delight) and saw this in the parking lot.  The owner did say she was still  a work in progress
               And yes the tag on the side does say Dodge Brothers.   I would love to have something like this for the farm.

              I start the mowing again on Saturday.  Every nine days is a good time frame.  altho I felt like I was making hay the last time since it had been longer.


           Well,  thats all the news from the south,  
Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
See you next week. down on the farm.


  

 

2 comments:

  1. Love that Vintage Farm truck!! I would love to have one like that too even though I don't have a farm. What a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. every time i see a vintage truck or car. i nearly wreak the car to look at them

    ReplyDelete