Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cooler Temperature at last.

                                                              A cool looking mushroom

                 Well,  not much happened on the farm this week due to the fact that we attended a wedding in Blue Ridge Ga.    The weather up there was wonderful,  the temp that morning in the low 30's  and yes it was an outside wedding,  but the weather cooperated and it was beautiful.  They have a wonderful quilt shop there and equally wonderful Fly fishing store,  where they can teach you how to make your own fly fishing rod.  I think something just got added to my bucket list. 

                  I am working on classes for the coming year for the different shows that I go to and also working on getting my other websites up and running a bit better.  But I have several projects that I want to get done out at the farm in the next two weeks and I am just going to have to get started.

                I am impatiently waiting for the garden to start growing and hoping that I have lots of sweet potatoes hiding in that plot.  ( we have harvested 2 so far and they have been wonderfully sweet,)  I also harvested as few carrots  that I had left.
   Shall we say that they were a little weird?

                  On a sad note,  I lost one of the chickens this week and I have no idea why.  But I will certainly miss her as she was sort of the ring leader of everything,  and was my best escape artist.  RIP Daisy,  you will be missed.    I am going to get with my chicken supplier, ( a very nice young lady that works at my local Tractor Supply)  and try to get two more chickens in the next few weeks.   Of course I will show them off.


                  Well,  thats all the news from the south,  
                 Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                 See you next week. down on the farm.

 

1 comment:

  1. I have had some odd looking carrots like that too. Glad I am not alone. Sorry to hear you lost a chicken. I too like quilt shops.

    ReplyDelete