Wednesday, June 28, 2017

the garden has exploded

                                              Beautiful sunflower in the garden

              The rain has been none stop and the garden has exploded with tomatoes, radish, peppers and flowers. The tomatoes that have ripen are the small patio tomatoes,  which  of course I planted in the garden. But they taste so good that I have just been out there eating them off the vines.  I need to pick them and pull the radishes so that I can bring them home and add them to the salads that I always seem to eat every night..

  Yes those are yellow heirloom tomatoes, that are patio tomatoes.   I have really enjoyed having them in the garden and will definitely plant them again.  The peppers  are a hot variety , but not jalapenos.  but they look good too
  Here is the pumpkin that just grew right outside the garden.  Only one plant and two pumpkins,  the second one rotted before we could get it off the vine.   Of course we gave it to the chickens and they loved it.

                            Here are the happy girls having just gotten some extra scratch.

  And here is the old Victorian mantel installed in the house.  This mantel was in my grandfathers house and we brought it home to use in our new house   I love the way it looks

                                 Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                                Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                                See you next week. down on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment