Tuesday, June 13, 2017

And the rain keeps coming

                                                 One of our many Mary Jane quilts  

  Well   the rain is still coming down,  almost can set your clock by it and there is no shortage of stuff growing in the garden.  It has exploded with all the rain.  The tomatoes are going crazy as well as the radishes and the beans.  The sunflowers are crazy blooming and the potatoes are starting to grow. The tomatillos are also going crazy.  I will soon be putting up loads of food in the pantry.

    I have been to the International Egg Show in Dallas and had a wonderful time connecting with all my friends and catching up on the news.  

   Yes that ear of corn is made from an egg.    It is a goose egg that has been carved.

   On the way there I stopped in the Mississippi at the Sandhill Crane refuge.  I got to see a wild orchid blooming and also got this really pretty picture of some white flowers that were blooming.  of course I was dogging rain drops while I was there.
   Had a wonderful time and now back home to the grind of getting the house finally finished I hope and getting ready to move.

                                 Well,  that's all the news from the south,  
                                Happy" farming" to all the farm girl sisters out there.
                                See you next week. down on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment